Salvation Army Training College
92 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne 3002.
- Constructed in 1901.
- Designed by Brigadier Edward Saunders.
- Listed on the Victorian Heritage Register (no. 602894)
This building is a local landmark and one of the most interesting buildings along Victoria Parade.
The façade makes an abundant use of late Victorian Tudor stylistic elements: castellation, towers with corner turrets, bays, string courses, face red brickwork and render dressing for corner quoins and openings surrounds. The building was used as the training centre for Salvation Army cadets from across the nation for a relatively short period between 1901 and 1913.