167-173 Collins Street, Melbourne 3000.
- Constructed in 1912-13.
- Designed by Nahum Barnet.
- Listed on the Victorian Heritage Register (no. 602599).
The Auditorium Building was built to accommodate a theatre for fine arts and offices. It has variously been known as the Mayfair and Metro Theatres. The building is an unusually delicate example of a Federation (Edwardian) city building; the extended balconies and oriel windows being a major feature of this well-preserved façade.
The Auditorium was converted to a cinema in 1934, and then a shopping complex at around 1984 and nothing remains of the original auditorium except the name.