This is your exciting 15-part guide to the evolution of the world's plants!
Take the journey of life through the ages, exploring the amazing ways that plants have evolved an adapted to the changing conditions on Earth.
Start the Tour!
The following chapters are available:
- The Beginning of Life on Earth
- Hurdles of Land Colonisation
- The First Vascular Land Plants I
- The First Vascular Land Plants II
- The Victorian Baragwanathia Flora
- The Mega Clubmoss Flora
- The Seed Ferns and Cordaites
- The Flora of the Permian: The Seed Plants Dominate
- What Were the Glossopterids?
- The Reproductive Structures of the Glossoperids
- A Time of Change: The Triassic
- The ‘Golden Days’ of the Conifers and Cycads
- The Arrival of the Angiosperms (Flowering Plants)
- Monocots: The Tertiary and Grass Evolution
- The Final Chapter: Herbaceous Angiosperms